Friday 14 March 2014

Get lost and Play with Models!


Slow down.  Not These guys.  I should admit. I kind of lied. Please don't look at me like I tricked you into coming here for some Metal theme.

For those asking first. Job hunting is still going on. Slow..low..ly.. A few good leads just haven't really ...heard... anything. That's okay. it'll come and I'll be rich.

It's story time kids

Something some People will tell you, is that I have occasionally flirted with playing some miniature war games.  You being a nerd(and I bet all of you are) I am sure you have at some point in your awesome nerdy candy filled lives. Games like Warhammer, 40k, Warmachine, and an even briefer flirt with Hordes.(HOLY CAPOODLES briefer is a word.. let's make it word of the day. Reader number 3...post it on your facebook).

So for Christmas, my lovely herself purchased me the Convergence Battle box from Warmachine. I know what you are thinking..... What Handsome-fun-guy are they? Well their symbol is a Cyberman, they are robots, and well they have angels. A lot of things I like. Every time my foray in to wargaming I have stopped by lack of income, and just people falling out. Once a problem with a store I played at that is awesome, I think I could be a bit to blame.

However I recommend it for everyone.(feel free to Send me free stuff Privateer. ha...ha) It's fun, even though I have been known to curse and swear putting models together, smash things. Punch babies(one baby). My painting shows I am a noob, but the game is filled by some of the best sports ever. I actually think I have only met one try hard. That's okay. They are out there. I have been known to be a try hard. What the game is honestly about in my personal opinion is a tool for anti social risk players, and model builders to move some boards around, and the game having a secret agenda to make the world a better place. (With fake wars). 

The game is awesome... Now when I get into a hobby. I find myself getting addicted before I get started and looking for ways to get my fix, and possibly cool it off.  Let me direct you to the gasoline that I usually pour on myself.

http://losthemisphere.com/wp/

The podcast is great. No I am not just plugging it because I may or may not be friends with a certain Australian co-host. Legit. It's a great pod cast.  I can listen to it for hours. Also more then once.. Australian voices are nice...niiiiice.

Peace out. Do Nerdy things!


No comments:

Post a Comment